Available from 1/50 to 3000HP. Our robust industrial designs can be used for an extensive range of applications, from medical blood centrifuges to printing equipment for your daily newspaper. DC- permanent magnet motors up to 5HP are available from stock. The wound motors are available from stock up to 500HP.
Our permanent magnet DC motors are available with a choice of IEC B5 flanges from 0.2 to 5HP or B14 from 0.2 to 2HP. All are designed for 180V armature voltage with a 20:1 constant torque speed range. These magnetic versions are designed as a replacement for motors with an IEC mounting flange.
We also have special application versions available from stock:
- Explosion-proof versions
- Wash-down versions, for example for food processing
- Metric assembly for the replacement of IEC motors
- Permanent magnet motors with attached DC tacho
- Motors with mounted gearbox (angle and parallel)
- 115V and 230V motors compliant with IEEE- 45 and USCG 259 standards
We manufacture to your specifications and know the combined performance of our DC motors and controls. Guaranteed best performance and always the right SCR control to select from our extensive product range. We eliminate speculation in helping you select your new drive and control.
These NEMA direct current motors are suitable for general use, designed as permanent magnet versions with a wound field and are used for speed control by means of thyristor controllers. Applications include conveyor belts, extruders, winders, presses and dosing pumps. Most motors can be fitted with tachos. The permanent magnet and wound versions for 90 or 180VDC have a 20:1 constant torque speed range.
Permanent magnet DC motors
- Can be ordered as coated or uncoated versions and are highly suitable for variable speed control such as in conveyor belts and packaging machines. Their speed can be controlled with our BCWD140 washable thyristor controller.
- Available with wound field from ½ to 3HP for class I, group D and class II, group F & G. Both are UL and CSA-listed. Applications include conveyor belts and mixers used at explosion-hazardous locations.
- Available with a choice of IEC B5 flanges of 0.2 to 5HP or B14 C-face from 0.2 to 2HP. All are designed for 180V armature voltage with a 20:1 constant torque speed range. These magnetic versions are designed as a replacement for motors with an IEC mounting flange.
Baldor Power motors are designed for fixed speed applications powered by a generator or battery power supply. These are 20% compound-wound motors. Applications include cranes, hoists and conveyor belts powered by direct current.
Baldor electromagnet generators generate power for the operation of electromagnets that are used in moving scrap and other bulk movement of metal. Horizontal motors can be mounted to the diesel engine and generators with a C-face connection can be coupled to the PTO drive of the crane.
Baldor has developed a permanent magnet motor with an integrated tacho dynamo (50VDC / 1000 rpm). Its compact design makes it extremely suitable for use in locations that are too small for conventional motors. It also requires a lower investment than the separate purchase of a motor, adapter and tacho dynamo. Applications include dosing systems and clamping machines.